The top ten helpful tips for learning English vocabulary. Here are some tips to improve English learning.
1. Read whenever possible. Whether it’s a novel or a magazine or something trivial, pay close attention to anything with writing on it. The more you will be exposed to words, the more you will learn. Don’t skip unfamiliar words, if you don’t know what a word means, look it up and make a note of it.
2. Write new words down. Writing the actual word with the meaning will help you remember it. Keep a diary so that you will have a collection of all your new words that can easily be revised when needed.
3. Vocally practice new words. Have a ‘word of the day’ and use your newly learned word throughout the day so you will learn to use it in context and not forget it that quickly.
6. Use new words regularly so that you don’t forget them. Write articles that people will enjoy reading or start a blog that could be about anything.
7. Write to an English penfriend. The best way to gain confidence in speaking any language is by talking to a native speaker.
8. Audio books are a superb way of learning new words with the correct pronunciation and many can be downloaded for free online.
9. There is a wealth of information on the Internet and English vocabulary software is very useful too. Have a look around to find the best websites or software that suits your requirements.